Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Journal Jars

I'm not getting good pictures with my camera so I have included more than enough pictures to look at.  For a couple of birthday gifts I decided to make these journal jars.  Not my original idea.  Usually anything crafty never is.  But I sure can make it look good.  I got the idea to make these as gifts after I gave a church lesson on journaling a few months back.  The jars are from Ikea and the rest is paper and some ribbon.  The paper roses are super easy.  Just spiral cut a square piece of paper and roll up.  Inside is filled with journal promts to help with ideas on what to write about.  Below is the wording I used in the card to go with the gift.

We have a great opportunity to share our lives with our children, our grandchildren, and generations beyond if we write down the thoughts and events of our lives.


Most of us won’t remember all details of even the most important times. We have to write it down, write our own stories. Not only does it benefit posterity, it’s wonderful to be able to go back and see the important life lessons we’ve learned, blessings we’ve received, and truths manifested in our lives.

Each day pull out a journaling prompt and use it as inspiration for your entry that day. Write anything that comes to your mind and elaborate as much as you can. Place the prompt in an envelope to be used again later. Once the jar is empty, put all the prompts back in the jar and begin again.

You will have recorded the story of your journey, one of the most important and precious gifts you'll ever give or receive.


2 comments:

Ben and Ashley said...

Awesome!! Can I buy one from you...because lets face it, i am horrible at crafts!

Melli D said...

DUDE!!! You are so crafty!!! I love these jars!!!