It's back to school time and everyone is excited. This is Aiden's first year of public school and Ava's first year of pre-school. We love Aiden's teacher. She is just what you would imagine a kindergarten teacher should be like. The first couple of days we are to put a sticker on the students with their name and teacher and class room incase they get lost so someone can help them. It broke my heart to think that I wouldn't be there if he needed help. After the third day parents are not allowed to walk the kids to class anymore. This is to help the kids be more independant (they call it independance day) and to help the school manage safety. The kids here in public schools have to wear a uniform. Solid color polo shirt or t-shirt no logo's anywhere. Kahki or blue shorts, pants, or skirts no jeans. It made shopping very easy. I also like the atmosphere it brings to the school. Aiden had a great time.
His favorite part about the day was P.E. and music. Ava would go every day if she could. She misses Aiden when he is gone. They both love their back packs and are so excited to eat lunch at school. When asking about her back pack Ava said, "is that for me?". "Yes" I said. "Oh thank you thank you thank you!" she said while clapping her hands. She sounds like she could be accepting an award. The schedule has been easy to adjust to. Aiden get's up to his alarm, makes his bed and gets ready. I now have 3 hours a day twice a week all to my self. It's amazing how much you can get done without kids in tow. This is a fun time. I know it will go by too fast.
Aiden was so excited when we bought his new school shoes he had to put them on first
thing the next day.
2 comments:
So fun to read about Aiden's first day. Today was Brooke's first day too...check out Ashley's post.
We miss you guys. When will we live closer so our kids can rule the school together?!
Keri,
I love your blog! Great Job, it is so cute and I love all your ideas.
Post a Comment