Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Nicknames

When our son was born I joined a group for mothers that had trouble nursing their babies that was run by one of the nurses that attended to me in the hospital. That's how I heard about the group. It was at her church and my cousin was also going. It was a great group of women. Anyway, there was a mom there with a son named Frank or Frankie. The name made me smile when I heard it. It just didn't fit a tiny baby but he was so cute and the name just fit him. Somehow I picked up calling Aiden Frank and Wyatt picked it up from me. How's Frank? What's Frank doing? And it just stuck. So that's why we call Frank Frank. He will also answer to "A" dog and little man.

Now mimi, when she was tiny she used to bat her arms all around sometimes swiping you. She also would chew on everything that came near her mouth (she still chews on everything). This earned her the nickname cougar. This turned into cougs or sometimes cougar meat (don't ask). Frank would also call her Ava meanie because of the swiping. This then turned into cougar meamer which turned into meams that then eventually became Ava mimi and now just mimi. We also still call her cougar.

Wyatt also calls me cougar. I am three years older than he is (frown).
Wyatt, he goes by "Y2J"

No comments: